Chart-toppers! Ten most searched areas to live near Liverpool as the city hosts Eurovision – and coastal town of Formby is Top of the Pops
- We reveal the most searched areas near Liverpool that buyers are looking at
- Merseyside town of Formby is the most viewed area around Liverpool
- Average asking price of a property for sale in the city of Liverpool is £208,120
All eyes are on Liverpool as it hosts the Eurovision song contest – and with it, there has been more interest in the local property market.
And the most popular area around Liverpool for home hunters on property website Rightmove has been revealed as Formby.
The coastal town has a National Trust site – a seaside reserve encompassing a long beach, sand dunes and pine woodland, and is popular with walkers.
Rightmove has revealed the most popular areas around Liverpool for those looking for a property
The station in the Merseyside town of Formby, which has good rail links into Liverpool city centre
Rightmove says Crosby is second and Maghull is third, when it comes to the number of recent searches on its platform.
Crosby is also on the coast, south of Formby and closer to Liverpool city centre. Both Crosby and Formby have quick rail links into Liverpool.
Formby is a coastal town with a National Trust site – a seaside reserve encompassing a long beach, sand dunes and pine woodland, and is popular with walkers.
The average asking price of a home in Liverpool is £208,120, while the average asking rent is £1,000 per month, according to Rightmove.
Average asking prices for a home have risen by 4 per cent in Liverpool in the past year, while rents have risen 7 per cent.
Rightmove went on to suggest that a bigger proportion of buyers are now staying in cities like Liverpool compared with last year.
Most searched for locations in Liverpool
6. West Derby
And yet at the same time, a bigger proportion of tenants are looking outside of cities to find a cheaper place to live or get more for their money further out.
Nearly two-thirds of buyers living in Liverpool are enquiring to see homes within the city, compared to 61 per cent last year.
Meanwhile, 65 per cent of renters living in Liverpool are looking to move within the city, this is down from 67 per cent last year.
Tim Bannister, of Rightmove, said: ‘Cities like Liverpool have become more popular with buyers again as people find a balance between flexible working patterns and being near to an office space and the amenities of a large city.
‘For renters it’s a slightly different story, as record rents and a shortage of available homes means many renters need to cast their net wider and look outside of cities to find an available home within their budget.’
It follows previous research from Rightmove that revealed how cash-strapped tenants are leaving city centres in favour of cheaper places further afield.
The findings by Rightmove revealed that 42 per cent of tenants are now looking to move out of the city they currently live in. The remaining 58 per cent are looking to stay put.
It is up from 37 per cent who were looking to leave last year and up from 28 per cent pre-pandemic in February 2020.
Rightmove attributed the increase to rents rising at a record pace in the past few years, and a decline in the number of available properties to move to rent.
Pictured: The canal at Maghull, which has been named among the most viewed areas near Liverpool among house hunters
Most viewed home near Liverpool
The most viewed home for sale near Liverpool on Rightmove in April was in the Merseyside town of Formby.
The modern detached house was built in 2014 and boasts solar panels, five bedrooms and a cinema room.
It is close to Formby beach and some National Trust sites, with road access to Liverpool and Everton football club training grounds and stadiums.
The property is for sale via Savills estate agents and is on the market for £3.2million.
This five-bedroom house in Formby was the most viewed property on Rightmove in April
The house in Shireburn Road spreads across 5,000 square foot of space and has patio doors leading to the garden
There is a wall of storage in the dining area that caters for a variety of alcoholic requirements